Well we have all been a little sick lately. I had strep last week and the boys have been fighting congestion, ear aches and coughs for the last few days so I took them all to the doctor today...
Blake checked out fine and he was scheduled for a asthma follow up tomorrow with the same doctor and she said not to worry about bringing him for that cause his lungs sound GREAT!!! YAY!!
Logan woke up this morning at 6:15am and cried for 3 hours(NOT EXAGGERATING) saying how badly his ear hurt and would not stop, finally I told him if he didn't that he was going to go to bed so that quieted him down some. Anyway the doctor took a look in his ears and the first one looked good and then when she got to the next one she was like "Oh my, no wonder he was crying so much he has a blister on his ear drum." Seriously a freaking blister on his eardrum, I didn't even know you could get such a thing, it even has a name, Bullous Myringitis! Anyway she let me look in his ear and holy cow it looked painful!! So he is on a giant dose of Amoxcicillin and has some ear drops that will numb the inside of his ear to help with the pain. Then in about a month she wants me to bring him back for a follow up. POOR KID!!
Now on to Jason. Well he has always had ear problems and it seems like even when he doesn't have an infection that there is always fluid on his ears and he is always pulling at his ears. Well needless to say the doc looked in the first ear and saw fluid but no redness or swelling then the next ear also had fluid but was a little red and swollen, he said that he didn't want to give him any antibiotics cause there was no infection but he wants to see him again in 4 weeks to see how the fluid is doing and if he still has fluid behind his eardrums then he wants to send him to the ENT specialists and have them consult for tubes!! Not to sound excited but I am so thankful for this doctor, Jason has had many ear infections and always has fluid on his ears and it seems like every time I would mention that at his appointments in Washington they never thought anything of it. This doctor also put in for a hearing consult to see how well he hears in the meantime.
So that is the news from here in Japan, pray for Logan that his ear will heal nicely and that his pain will be minimal and please pray for Jason and his ear problems! We love you all and miss you tons!!
1 year ago





4 comments:
Poor little boys! Kali had such horrible problems with her ears and on her first birthday they put tubes in. She never had an ear infection again. And her were so bad she had to take this medicine everyday as a trial before the tubes. I hope Jason gets them. Besides everything- how's Japan? Aaron has some pilot friends being stationed over there.
Hopw you guys are feeling better soon!
I feel so bad for the boys, but they are so lucky to have you for a mama! I didn't know you could get blisters on your ears either! Poor Logan. You know my girls have had their medical things, and anytime you have to hand your baby off to a surgeon it's never easy. The tubes aren't a big deal and the surgery isn't long. He'd get drops afterwards to put in to prevent infection but also to keep the tubes from closing up. He'll hear so much better afterwards though. I'm around if you need me, and I miss you guys so much!
Sorry you all are sick!! Both the girls have had tubes (Des has had 3 sets) so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!!! Hows Japan??? Miss ya guys!
Post a Comment